Wedding Coordinator Career Opportunities
We are seeking detail-oriented and positive-minded people to join our Wedding Coordination team. Experience is preferred, but not required. Training can be provided to the right person. You will need to be highly organized and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills to be successful in this position. As a wedding coordinator, you will be responsible for the week-of coordination tasks, including coordination of pre-wedding events, the ceremony, and the reception, ensuring a seamless and memorable experience for the couple and their guests. Specific training is required for all Wedding Shop Coordinators to ensure the highest quality service to our clients!
This is a great opportunity for a great paying side job, allowing you to pick the days and events you want to work. Or choose to work weekly with great pay and minimal hours. Must have a Facebook account to access job information and event schedules. Pay is per event. Wedding days may require you to be on your feet for up to 8 hours.
The Wedding Shop serves everyone. If certain nationalities, religions, or types of love offend you, please do not apply. If you are passionate about creating meaningful and unforgettable wedding experiences, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment that values diversity, creativity, and excellence in service.
- Pre-Wedding Preparation:
- Meet with the service coordinator (virtually or in person) to review all wedding plans to understand expectations.
- Communicate with the couple to confirm plans and reinstate next steps of the coordination process.
- Communicate and coordinate with all vendors to ensure all arrangements are in place and in accordance with the couple’s requests.
- Venue & Logistics Management:
- Serve as the point of contact for the couple, wedding vendors, and guests, as needed, the week of the wedding.
- Assist with problem-solving any unexpected issues that may arise the week of the wedding.
- Work closely with the venue staff to ensure all logistical details, such as seating arrangements, audiovisual equipment, and room setup, are executed as per the couple’s wedding plans.
- Event Coordination:
- Oversee and direct the rehearsal and up to 8 hours on the day-of the wedding to ensure that each event runs smoothly and according to schedule.
- Serve as the day-of point of contact for all vendors, managing their arrival, setup, and any on-site adjustments that may be necessary.
- Act as a liaison between the couple, their families, and the various vendors involved, addressing any issues or concerns that may arise and ensuring that all parties are informed and aligned.
- Ensure vendors receive final payments on the day-of if not already paid in full.
- Guest Services:
- Provide guidance and assistance to guests throughout the week, serving as a resource for information about the schedule, local attractions, and any special accommodations that may be needed.
- Ensure that guests with specific needs, such as dietary restrictions or mobility requirements, are accommodated and supported throughout the wedding festivities.
- Ensure the couple’s needs are met and catered to throughout the event.
- Crisis Management:
- Anticipate and resolve any potential issues or challenges that may arise during the week, such as inclement weather, last-minute cancellations, or unexpected changes in logistics.
- Remain on-call and accessible to address emergency situations or unforeseen complications, collaborating with the couple and vendors to find swift and effective solutions.
- Post-Event Wrap-Up:
- If needed, coordinate the post-wedding process, including the return of rental items and ensuring the venue spaces are left in appropriate condition.
- Support in the coordination of any post-wedding activities, such as brunches or farewell gatherings, as requested by the couple.
- Gather feedback from the couple and key stakeholders to evaluate the overall success of the wedding week and identify areas for improvement in future events. Share findings and customer complaints with service planning staff immediately upon discovery.
- Experience in wedding coordination, particularly with multi-day and culturally divers weddings is preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, with a customer-service mindset and the aptitude to work diplomatically with a diverse range of individuals.
- Proficiency in problem-solving and decision-making, remaining calm and composed under pressure while finding effective solutions to unforeseen challenges.
- Flexibility and adaptability to accommodate evolving requirements and adjust plans as needed throughout the week of events.
- Knowledge of etiquette and cultural traditions related to weddings, enabling respectful and appropriate guidance for the couple and their guests.
- Availability to work long or irregular hours as necessary, including evenings and weekends, to ensure the successful execution of all wedding week activities.
- Reliable Transportation: Access to reliable transportation to and from events in and around Bay County.
- Access to Facebook for Job Board posts and event updates.
Type: Contract, 1099
Pay: Pay is per event but ranges from $150 to $450, depending on the size of the event and coordination service provided, plus tips & travel for events outside of Bay County.
Pay Period: 1st & 15th of each month for events worked.
- Flexibility to work on a per-event basis, accommodating your schedule and availability.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic, celebratory environment, contributing to the memorable wedding experiences for couples and their guests.
- Professional development and networking opportunities within the wedding and event industry.