Officiant Services Terms & Conditions
This Agreement, dated ___________________, 20 _________ by and between The Wedding Shop (hereinafter called the Officiant) and ______________________________________________(spouse 1) and ___________________________________________________________________(spouse 2), hereinafter called the Couple) agree as follows:
- The Officiant shall perform a marriage ceremony for the Couple on the __________ day of ____________________, 20______ at ___________________(time of day) and at __________________________________________________________________(facility) located at _________________________________________________________________.
- The Officiant warrants that he/she is a professional Officiant; recognized as a legally ordained minister and/or a Florida State Notary Public; fully qualified to officiate at weddings in the State of Florida.
- The Officiant will provide the following services for the fee of $______________ under the terms of this agreement. A nonrefundable retainer of $50 must be paid with this agreement in order to reserve the officiant for the ceremony date. Final payment must be made 3 days before the ceremony date.
CHECK PAYMENT: In the event your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, you authorize us to electronically (or by paper draft) re-present the check to your bank account for collection of the amount of the check, plus any applicable fees as permitted by state law.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT: We accept all major credit cards and PayPal.
- The Officiant shall arrive at the wedding location approximately 15 minutes prior to the time of the scheduled ceremony.
- Officiant is prepared to dress in the manner that suits the style of your wedding, provided it allows him/her to present a dignified image in keeping with the character of the rite of matrimony.
- Service includes travel within Bay County, Florida (additional travel fee may be charged outside of Bay County, Florida), the ceremony itself, and time needed for required legal paperwork (maximum 15 minutes).
- An agreed upon date prior to the ceremony for rehearsal will be billed at $100 per hour if Couple wants rehearsal. Travel fees outside of Bay County may also apply.
- In the event that the scheduled Officiant is unable to perform the Couple’s wedding ceremony due to illness, hospitalization, accident, transportation breakdown or other unforseeable causes, he/she will make every attempt to notify the Couple and arrange for another ordained minister licensed and qualified to perform weddings in the State of Florida to perform the Couple’s ceremony. In such an event that no substitute is available, all monies paid by the Couple to the Officiant will be returned and the Couple hereby agrees that the Officiant will not be held liable for any damages (including punitive) due to the non-performance of the ceremony or function.
- In the event the bridal couple is forced to change the date of the wedding, every effort will be made by The Wedding Shop to transfer location reservations, sub-contractors, and The Wedding Shop support to the new date. The bridal couple agrees that in the event of a date change, any expenses, including but not limited to, deposits and fees that are non-refundable and non-transferable are the sole responsibility of the bridal couple. There may also be additional charges above and beyond those set in the original contract. The bridal couple further understands that last minute changes can impact the quality of the event and that The Wedding Shop is not responsible for these compromises in quality.
- If the bridal couple changes the date/location of the wedding and we are unavailable to provide services, then The Wedding Shop is released from all contract obligations and shall in no way be held responsible or liable for non-performance. The couple also forfeits all costs for non-compliance with this agreement.
- You may cancel this agreement, in writing, for any reason. If the wedding is canceled, refunds are limited to unearned fees, funds in excess of unused or non-refundable fees and out-of-pocket expenses. If you cancel less than 30 days before the wedding, there will be no refund. If the wedding is not canceled, there will be no refund.
- If an act of God, such as fire, flood, hurricane, or other natural or human calamity shall cause you to cancel your wedding; we only require payment for the time actually spent on your wedding.
- The Officiant gives permission to the Couple to use his/her likeness in any photographs, videos or other recording media in any manner for any purpose they wish. Likewise the Couple gives permission to the Officiant to use their likeness in any photographs, videos or other media for marketing purposes.
- The Couple understands that they must obtain a valid marriage license from the appropriate jurisdiction for which the ceremony will be performed and shall provide such valid marriage license to the Officiant to review and execute at the rehearsal or prior to the ceremony. The Officiant cannot and will not perform a marriage ceremony without receiving the appropriate valid marriage license prior to the ceremony. The responsibility of filing this certificate with the county clerk’s office is that of the Officiant. The marriage license is to be returned to the County Clerk’s office where the license was obtained by the Couple within 10 days of the wedding ceremony.
- This agreement is valid for the wedding service for the place and date stated above. Any change to time, place or date must be agreed to in advance by the Officiant and may be subject to additional fees.
- Customer may cancel scheduled officiating services at any time. However, cancelled services may be subject to loss of retainer or total payment, based on the date cancelled. Service cancelled 6 months or more before the scheduled ceremony may be refunded total payment made to date. Service cancelled within 6 months of scheduled ceremony will be subject to loss of $50 deposit. Service cancelled within 24 hours of scheduled ceremony will not be refunded.
By signing this form, the customer agrees to the previous statements and accepts the terms of this contract. In the event that The Wedding Shop must pursue legal collection enforcement, the customer agrees to pay all legal fees and costs for trial. The customer also agrees that this matter will be litigated in Bay County, Florida.
Date:________________________________ Contact Phone Number:___________________________
Company Representative Signature:_______________________________________________________