Venue Rental Agreement
This Agreement is made effective as of ______________________(date) by and between The Wedding Shop by Uniting Happiness, LLC and __________________________________________________________(Clients). The Clients represent that they desire to hold a ____________________________________________ (event type) on _____________________(date). Access to the space will be granted from ___________(time) to __________(time).
Clean up must be completed by the end of your rented time.
The rental fee for this event is: (please initial the appropriate choice)
_____ $65 per hour (2 hour minimum) for __________ hours.
_____ $550 for a full day.
Therefore, the parties agree as follows:
- VENUE RENTAL FEE(S)
- The Clients or Representative for the Client(s), agree to pay an initial retainer and security deposit of $150. This payment serves to hold the venue for the specified date and time of the event or wedding and is payable at the time of contract signature. Unless cancelled, this fee will be refunded to the client(s) up to two weeks after the event has been held and once property has been inspected for any potential damage from the event or wedding as outlined below. If the site does not pass inspection following the event, then The Wedding Shop shall retain that portion or all the security deposit to cover the cost of returning the site to the condition it was in prior to the event, normal wear and tear excepted. In the event the repair costs exceed the amount of the security deposit, Client(s) shall be required to pay for the additional costs.
- Payments may be made via cash delivery, certified check, or credit card.
- Rental dates will not be held until such Deposits are paid in full.
- The rental fee is due 30 days prior to the date of your event.
- DATE CHANGES
In the event the Client(s) is forced to change the date of the event or wedding, every effort will be made by The Wedding Shop to transfer reservations to support the new date. The Client(s) further understands that last minute changes can impact the quality of the event and that The Wedding Shop is not responsible for these compromises in quality.
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the event: 100% of the retainer fee is nonrefundable.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the event: The entire rental fee is nonrefundable. The security deposit will be refunded to the Client(s) if the entire rental fee has already been paid.
- Last minute cancellations due to inclement weather will not be considered for refunds.
- DAMAGE INSPECTIONS & EXCESSIVE CLEAN UP
- Following the conclusion of the event, a Wedding Shop representative shall perform a daylight inspection of the site rented by the Client(s). If the event concludes in the evening or at such time when representatives from The Wedding Shop are unable to conduct said inspection, then a daylight inspection of the space shall occur on the following day after the event. If the inspection reveals that there is damage to the space, The Wedding Shop will provide Client(s) with a written itemization of damages claimed, a written itemized estimate of the cost of repairs, and the amount of additional funds due from Client to pay for the repair of damages. If the site passes inspection, the entire security deposit will be refunded to the client via mail.
- The Wedding Shop and its representatives assume no responsibility for any property placed on the premises or any property that is left on the premises after the event is over.
This agreement may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of the agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this agreement.
- FORCE MAJEURE
To protect the safety and well-being of all concerned, The Wedding Shop reserves the right to cancel the event in the face of a major act of God, such as, but not limited to, hurricanes and floods, with a full refund of all deposits to the client.
- BINDING ARBITRATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
- The Client(s) agrees to indemnify and hold The Wedding Shop by Uniting Happiness, LLC, its officers or agents, harmless from suit, actions, damages, and expenses resulting from personal injury, illness, property damage, or theft resulting from the use of the facility. These may include, but not limited to accident, injury or damage to property arising from any act of the Client(s) or Client’s guests, whether intentional or negligent, which occur during use. Client(s) agree to pay all attorney fees incurred by The Wedding Shop and representatives in defending any such claim or action brought against The Wedding Shop and representatives.
- Client(s) will pay the cost of all repairs caused by damages to the site, adjacent grounds or facilities due to negligent action of any type on the part of Client(s), its employees, licensees, or invitees.
If any provision of the agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforces as so limited.
- APPLICABLE LAW
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida.
- General requirements
- Client(s) may select any vendor from the Preferred Vendor List or one of their choosing.
- All vendors must adhere to the terms of our guidelines, and it is the client’s responsibility to share these guidelines with them.
- Please submit all vendor needs and requests at least three (3) weeks prior to your event.
- ALL trash must be removed from the event sites and discarded in the provided dumpster behind the building.
- Client(s) agrees and warrants that there shall be NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 21. Client(s) agrees to refuse to allow alcohol to be served to, or consumed by, any person who is visibly intoxicated or under 21 years of age. Client(s) shall monitor all service, if any, of alcohol and specifically acknowledges the Client(s) is solely liable for the consumption of any alcohol by any person on the premises and that such liability shall extend to any aspect regarding the consumption of alcohol. The Wedding Shop may ask guests to identification to verify age and reserves the right to ask the entire party to leave if (1) a minor is consuming alcohol; (2) an adult is providing alcohol to a minor; or (3) a guest(s) appears intoxicated and refuses to leave the premises. Drunken/Violent disturbances are prohibited and subject to immediate removal from the premises and possible termination of event without refund.
- If liquor is SERVED at an event, the bar tender must be licensed or permitted to do so.
- If alcohol is SOLD, Client(s) must obtain a temporary liquor license thirty (30) days prior to the event.
- Illegal substances are not allowed at any time on the premises.
- Client shall indemnify and hold The Wedding Shop harmless from all liability for improper use of alcohol.
- All rental service ware, plates and glassware are to be wiped, rinsed, and stored in the kitchens area for same day pick-up. Any racks left outside containing plates and glasses with leftover food and drink will attract wild animals and may cause damage to your rentals.
- Remove any food or drinks from the refrigerators and microwaves, clean up any spills or leftover food (including inside the appliances).
- Custodial items can be found in the kitchenette.
- Client(s) may hire a DJ or band if desired, however music levels must not exceed unreasonable levels which may disturb neighboring businesses during operating hours.
- All decorations must be removed without leaving damages. Tape, zip ties, ceiling grid clamps, and floral/fishing wire is recommended.
- Client(s) or its vendors are responsible for providing any needed setup equipment, such as ladders and supplies.
- Prohibited Activities
- The Wedding Shop is a non-smoking venue. Smoking will be permitted only in designated areas outside. Vaping is not permitted inside.
The Wedding Shop uses video and still photography to promote the venue. Any photos taken by The Wedding Shop or its representatives of your event may be used for promotional purposes, including but not limited to, social media, television, or print.
- Site furnishings
The Wedding Shop is decorated for your enjoyment. Removal of the property’s items is prohibited. Any damages to items belonging to The Wedding Shop will be applied to the security deposit. Please be kind and leave things as you left them so others may enjoy them as well.
All pages of this contract must be initialed, final page signed, and required deposits submitted to reserve your event date.
I, __________________________________________, hereby acknowledge that I have read the above rental agreement and foregoing terms and conditions and I agree to these terms and conditions this _______________________ day of ____________________________________________________________, 20________.
Client’s Signature Client’s Printed Name
The Wedding Shop Representative Signature Date
Event & Payment Information
Client’s Address: ____________________________________________________________________________________
Phone Number: _________________________________ Email: _____________________________________________
Event Type: _________________________________ Start Time: ______________ End Time: __________________
Guest Count: _____________ Event Name: ___________________________________________________________
Rented Venue Site(s): ________________________________________________________________________________
Please make checks payable to The Wedding Shop
Mail to: 754 W 23rd St
Panama City, FL 32405
Scan and email to: Love@FLWedShop.com
A credit card is required to be kept on file for all orders containing rentals. This is to help minimize damage costs and loss of rented items. No charges will be made without prior notification and opportunity to update the payment method. By renting items from The Wedding Shop and signing this form, you consent to these charges should they be deemed absolutely necessary.
____Check ____Credit Card Amount $_________________
Credit Card Number _________________________________________________________________________________
Exp. _____________________ Security Code _______________________
Name on Card ______________________________________________________________________________________
Billing Address (if different than above) __________________________________________________________________
Email (for receipt) ___________________________________________________________________________________
How did you hear about us? ___________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for choosing The Wedding Shop for your celebration!